June 6, 2018 Via Box Of Style|
Much like your wardrobe, your home deserves a seasonal refresh. Contrary to popular belief, this doesn't require a full home makeover and a monstrous budget. Simply swapping out inexpensive accessories for travel-inspired finds can breathe new life into your home for the summer season. Allow us to demonstrate a few quick and easy ways to create the perfect jet-setting sanctuary.
A neutral couch lends itself to easy styling. Plush textures like velvet and shag create a luxe nook, particularly when nestled next to books and a soft blanket. While inviting in the winter, this set up doesn't lend itself to the hot summer months. Here's what you should trade out:
- Store the plush blanket and fuzzy pillows for next season.
- Stash books and games which are more appropriate for a long evening by the fire.
Instead, replace these pieces with the following:
- Incorporate potted plants—we're partial to succulents as they don't require a lot of maintenance—in clusters to bring the outdoors, inside.
- Display travel trinkets like a tray or patterned box to organize things like remote controls and matches.
- Incorporate pillows in lightweight textures with exotic embellishments like embroidery or tassels.
- Drape a brightly colored beach blanket over the corner of the sofa to infuse the space with personality.